THE FIRST ANNUAL BOND CONFERENCE: A panel and networking event to connect students and professionals.
This year’s hot topic: Sustainability in the Chemical Industry.
Date: Monday, February 6th, 2017
Time: 4:00 -8:00 PM
Location: New York University, Washington Square Campus, Kimmel Center, 10th Floor, Rosenthal Pavilion, 60 Washington Square South, New York, NY
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ATTENDEES
For professionals, click HERE to register for the event
For students, see below on how to register
Registration is required for all attendees and free of cost for both professionals and students. There is limited space so RSVP to save your spot!
GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION:
Don’t miss this unique two-part event hosted by The Chemists’ Club in collaboration with UNESCO and New York University Department of Chemistry. The Chemists’ Club recognizes how important it is to understand and practice sustainability in the chemical industry and our daily lives. Learn about the 17 UN sustainable development goals and bring back ideas that can improve your own company.
- Part 1 – Panel focusing on sustainability and how it is affecting the chemical industry. Leading experts on sustainability:
- Dr. Ana Persic: Science Specialist at UNESCO
- Dr. Ingrid Mergelsberg: Director, Process Chemistry at Merck
- John Tran: Sustainable Living Manager, Unilever North America
- Kevin Eckerle: Senior Manager, Sustainability Practice at Accenture Strategy
- Rose Perkins: Associate Director, Sustainability, Business Integration and Employee Engagement at The Dow Chemical Company
- Charlene Wall-Warren: Director, Sustainability at BASF, North America
- Part 2 – A non-traditional poster session featuring an outstanding group of students from all of our New York Chemists’ Club Chapters (NYU Washington Square, NYU Tandon School of Engineering, CCNY, Columbia University and many more) who will be presenting their non-academic pursuits.
After the panel, there will be a cocktail reception where you will have the opportunity to get to know some of the top local students based on their interests outside of the classroom. We hope that this uniquely structured reverse job fair will facilitate valuable conversations and give you an opportunity to learn more about the industry’s future talent. We encourage the exchange of business cards, follow-ups, and interviews. In true Chemists’ Club fashion, there will be enough time for the attendees to mix and mingle! For more details on the benefits of a reverse job fair, click here.
In addition to learning about sustainability, you will have the opportunity to practice your 3-minute pitch on your personality. This format will allow you to showcase your achievements to stand out. You will network with employers to build your network and practice networking skills. You may meet future co-workers and employees!
- Students must register to be part of the event HERE, and you must submit a personal poster (email it to firstname.lastname@example.org) – Registration is not complete until you have submitted your poster.
- Please find detailed directions on what to put on your poster here.
- The template with required dimensions and font sizes can be found here.
Important dates for students:
1/15/17 – Last call for student registration
1/23/17 – Notification if you have been accepted and feedback if your poster needs to be altered
1/26/17 – Final posters are due for those who need to tweak their posters
2/6/17 – The event!
QUESTIONS? Email Ashley Modell: email@example.com