Date: Friday, April 28, 2017
Time: 5:30 PM – 11:30 PM
Location: Newark Brewery, 200 U.S. Highway 1, Newark, NJ 07114
Price: $60 per person (includes unlimited beer and food offerings, bus transport)
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!
Join The Chemists’ Club again for an amazing evening!! A great way to kick off the weekend with other young professionals, great food and lots of beer!!! This is what had happened last year, and those who attended had a blast!!
This upcoming tour will be a lot better!!
Schedule of the event are as follows:
5:15pm – Doors open for everyone. Fresh tap beer from the tanks will be flowing including Stella Artois with lots of Bud and Bud Light .
5:55pm – First Bus arrives – immediately start LONG tour of the brewery (including labs, and engineering inspection of the brewery’s process equipment and unit operations)
7pm – Second Bus arrives – begins SHORT tour of the brewery (for those that can not get there from work early enough, this group will see the entire plant, fast pace)
8pm – Both tours completed, everyone meets back in the conference room.
8:15pm – Discussion of Beer/Food pairing, Questions and Answers session.
8:45pm – Food service with craft beer pairings, including many craft beers from all around the globe.
11:30pm: The End (Bus service back to Newark train station)
Tour of the entire plant including:
- Filling line processing 2,500 cans/ minute (yes per minute), the line will be running
- Fermentation operation – same process as used in Pharma, BioMass-Ethanol, AntiBiotics production, Biotech molecule synthesis,
- Grain handling, water purification, waste water treatment, refrigeration, steam production, power transmission
- Unit operations including: milling, separations, mixing, heat exchangers, reactors, filtering, pasteurization, solids and liquid handling
- Unlimited beer of the many varieties including craft/specialty beers
- A gourmet prepared food feast of unique dishes to compliment the assortment of beers with lessons on pairing the food to beer
- Presentation on the Science/Art of making beer and the fermentation process
Transport from Newark Penn Station supplied chartered bus (paid by Chemists’ Club):
Train times to arrival at Newark Penn Station (downtown Newark):
B.) 11:30pm – Bus return from brewery back to train station-Newark Penn Station
For those driving, parking is provided at no charge at the brewery.